When asbestos is disturbed or damaged, fibres are released which can be breathed in and put people’s health at risk. So even if your survey shows that asbestos containing materials are sealed away behind a wall or ceiling, you still need to make sure your employees understand the risks. Just a simple action like sticking pins into a wall partition can turn a safe situation into a hazardous one.
Asbestos awareness training needs to be given to all employees who are liable to be exposed to asbestos or who supervise those people. 4see are UKATA Approved Training Providers.
Asbestos awareness training covers:
- the properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including its interaction with smoking
- the types of products or materials likely to contain asbestos
- the operations that could result in asbestos exposure and the importance of preventative controls
- safe work practices, control measures and protective equipment
- the purpose, choice, limitations, proper use and maintenance of protective equipment
- emergency procedures
Category B non-licensed ssbestos removal training gives the necessary knowledge and practical skills to people who undertake planned non-licensed asbestos removal.
4see can also train selected employees to a higher level so that they can take more responsibility for developing and implementing your asbestos management plan.
We can tailor courses to your organisation’s needs or you can book individual places on 4see training courses at locations across the UK.
No products are currently available in this category.