The effective control of bacteria in water systems and in particular Legionella is mandatory within all organisations. The sufficient management of Legionella control is believed to be the key to preventing an outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease, which can result in the death of individuals and can be considerably costly to organisations.
By completing this course delegates will gain an understanding of the principles of controlling legionella and associated bacteria in hot and cold water systems, as well as a risk awareness of other types of water systems.
How long is it?
To provide employees an understanding of the Legionella hazard and how it is controlled.
On completion of the course delegates will gain an understanding of:
• The nature of bacteria in water systems
• The risk associated with Legionella and associated bacteria
• The importance of Legionella control
• The principles of Legionella control in hot and cold water systems
• Risk awareness of other types of water systems
• The consequences of failing to control Legionella
Is there a test?
Multiple choice assessment