How long is it?
4 or 5 days
The course concentrates on training managers to apply sound management principles to health and safety issues as part of a total management strategy. It may be tailored to meet the particular needs of your organisation and provides successful candidates with a recognised qualification in health and safety.
Managing Safely covers
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding responsibilities
- Understanding hazards
- Investigating incidents
- Measuring performance
Following attendance on the course you will:-
• Apply basic management principles and practices to health and safety issues
• Set practicable health and safety
• Recognise risks present in the workplace and be able to set appropriate control measures.
• Take account of risks posed by human factors
• Ensure that adequate information, instruction, training and supervision is provided within the workplace
• Investigate all incidents involving injury or damage in order to determine the causes and to take appropriate remedial actions
• Communicate effectively on health and safety issues with superiors, work people and health and safety professionals
• Understand the main legal responsibilities of employers and managers and be able to act to fulfil them.
Is there a test?
Multiple choice/short examination paper and practical risk assessment project