The course covers designers' responsibilities, design risk assessment, providing information, co-operation and co-ordination. This course also provides a legal overview.
How long is it?
Thinking about the health and safety of those who will construct and maintain buildings should not be an onerous duty. Of course it is essential to understand and comply with the regulations, but great satisfaction can come from effective communication and co-ordination. This course is exciting, vibrant and challenging. It involves many practical examples you will find beneficial and stimulating, whatever your previous experience.
The Awareness course
To enable the delegate to contribute fully to the effective management of a project's safety. The course provides delegates with:
• A working understanding of the legal requirements of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
• Familiarity with the duties and roles of all duty holders (Client, Principal Designer, Designer, Principal Contractor, Contractors)
• The ability to prepare, review and analyse all CDM-related documentation
• An understanding of how to play your part and communicate effectively throughout the construction project
• Key physical standards required on construction sites
Is there a test?
Multiple choice questions